Community Home Trust (CHT) is committed to assuring the privacy of individuals and/or families who have contacted us. We realize that the information you bring to us may be highly personal in nature. We assure you that all personal information shared orally and/or in writing will be managed within ethical and legal considerations. Additionally, we want you to understand how we use the personal information we collect about you. Please carefully review this notice as it describes our policy regarding the collection and disclosure of your nonpublic, personal information.
What is nonpublic, personal information?
Nonpublic, personal information identifies an individual personally and is not otherwise publicly available, such as your Social Security Number, or demographic data such as your race or ethnicity. This includes personal financial information such as credit history, income, employment history, financial assets, bank account information, and financial debts.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information that you provide on applications, forms, email, or verbally
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others
- Information we receive from your creditors or employment references
- Credit Reports provided by you
Users voluntarily submit this information. It is stored indefinitely for customer service purposes.
Users who come to this site are tracked using Google Analytics.
Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site. This cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose the following personal information to financial service providers (such as companies providing home mortgages), Federal, State, and nonprofit partners for program review, monitoring, auditing, and/or oversight purposes, and/or any other pre-authorized individual and/or organization. We also make use of the following platforms to collect, manage, and store data: Salesforce, Form Assembly, Give Lively, and Dropbox.
The types of information we disclose are as follows:
- Information you provide on applications, forms, or other communication. This information may include your name, employers, occupation, assets, expenses, and income.
- Information about your transaction with us, or affiliates, or others, such as your account balance, monthly payments, payment history, and method of payment.
- Information we receive from a consumer credit reporting agency, such as your credit bureau reports, your credit and payment history, your credit scores, and/or your credit worthiness.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information outside of this agency.
- We may share anonymous, aggregated case file information, but this information may not be disclosed in a manner that would personally identify you in any way. This is done in order to evaluate our program, gather valuable research information, and/or design future programs.
- We may also disclose personal information about you to third parties as permitted by law.
In this section you should name and list all third party providers with whom you share site data, including partners, cloud-based services, payment processors, and third party service providers, and note what data you share with them and why. Link to their own privacy policies if possible.
If you have privacy-specific concerns, please contact Deputy Director Caroline Veloso Oliveira at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.967.1545 ext. 309.
How we protect your data
We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to CHT employees who need to know that information in order to perform their duties. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information; and we train our staff to safeguard client information and prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, or use.
Opting out of certain disclosures
You may direct CHT not to disclose your nonpublic personal information to third parties (other than disclosures made to project partners and those permitted by law). However, if you choose to opt out, we will not be able to answer any questions from your creditors, which may limit CHT’s ability to provide services such as foreclosure prevention counseling.