Would you like to learn more about serving on Community Home Trust’s Board of Directors?
…then we’d love to have you apply to join our Board!
Our Board is made up of 10 volunteers
The Board guides financial decisions, sets strategic priorities, helps raise funds for the organization, and supports the Executive Director.
The current process of recruitment for open seats on the Community Home Trust Board of Directors is as follows:
- Annual recruitment messages are sent by email and newsletter to homeowners and tenants. Tenants who have opted in also receive a text message, and the information is posted in the bulletin boards at The Landings. Messages about open seats are also posted on CHT and The Landings social media sites. CHT staff and board members also use their networks to recruit.
- You are welcome to submit your information to be considered at any time, even when there is not a current seat open.
- An ad-hoc board committee consisting of 1-2 community member board members and 1-2 homeowner/tenant board members is formed to assist with the recruitment and identification of skill sets necessary for healthy board operations.
- In response to recruitment efforts, individuals submit interest, directly to the ED, to be considered for a seat on the Board of Directors.
- The ED compiles the applicants for consideration by the committee.
- The committee meets to determine which applicants they would like to recommend to the CHT Board for nomination approval.
- The CHT Board meets to discuss the applicants and the recommendations from the committee.
- The applicants are notified of their status.
- The persons nominated are placed on the agenda for vote at the Annual Meeting.