This fund provides no-interest loans to CHT homeowners in need of repairs and/or replacement of items related to the long-term sustainability of their homes. Payment assistance is available for items not covered by HOAs, insurance, or the Stewardship Program and prioritizes support for urgent and/or immediate needs.
- HVAC repair or replacement
- Roof and exterior maintenance (including gutters, paint, trim, etc.)
- Hot water heater repair or replacement
- Crawlspace Repairs
- Mold Remediation
- Plumbing leaks (including possible water damage)
- Plumbing repair (e.g. faucet loose or not working, sewer back up, replacement of sewer line)
- Water/mold damage from exterior water intrusion or condensation
- Rot or deterioration of entrance stairs or deck/porch
- Electrical repairs
- Window/ exterior door replacement
- Dryer exhaust duct repair
- Tree removal (trees or large limbs that could damage house structure)
- Accessibility/mobility after accident
- Pest control issues/damage
- Other repairs deemed necessary for safe and healthy habitation
- Other repairs deemed necessary for the preservation of the home or affordability
Submit an application to the fund.
Questions? Contact Deputy Director Caroline Veloso Karras at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.967.1545 x309.
Learn more about the establishment of the fund and Robert Dowling, our former executive director, in whose honor it was established.